A Family-Run Law Firm Fighting for You LET'S SEEK COMPENSATION

Family Law Attorney in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Family cases are a type of civil case, but they generally involve issues between or concerning spouses, parents, and children. Family courts handle a wide variety of cases involving domestic matters. Lebamoff Law handles cases such as:


When someone wants to end a marriage, they can file a case at family court to ask for a court order ending the marriage. Marriages can be terminated through divorce or annulment cases. The court can also grant a separation, where the court issues orders regarding property, alimony, and child custody, but the parties remain legally married. You can find more information about Divorce, Annulment, or Separation by contacting us today.

Put Your Family in Capable Hands

Paternity and Child Custody

Unmarried parents can ask the court to order legal custody, physical custody, visitation schedules, and child support. When parents are not married, either parent can File a Complaint for Custody or Paternity (depending on the main issue to be addressed). The person who files the complaint is the "plaintiff" and the other parent is the "defendant." The plaintiff's complaint will list the orders the plaintiff would like, and the defendant can Respond to the Complaint by filing an "answer and counterclaim" listing what orders he or she would like.

How long will my case take?

There is no easy answer to that question since all cases are different. If the parents can agree to most or all of the terms, the case can be finished fairly quickly. If the parents cannot agree on very many things, you may have to go to court several times before the judge can make a final decision.