Fort Wayne Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle riders are at higher risk for serious injury or death after a collision. Motorcycles offer far less protection than automobiles and trucks. During 2011, the last year we can locate statistics, 117 motorcyclists lost their lives and there was an increase of more than three percent in motorcycle-related accidents. When you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident that caused injuries or death, you should consider contacting a Fort Wayne motorcycle accident attorney.
Personal injury laws offer protection
Personal injury laws allow anyone who is injured in an accident to file a lawsuit if they believe the accident was the result of someone else’s negligence. Indiana laws allow you to work with a Fort Wayne motorcycle accident attorney and file suit within two years of the accident. In many cases, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Hospitalization costs and associated medical bills
- Wage loss
- Metal anguish and physical disfigurement including scarring
- Wrongful death and the loss of love and companionship
Our Fort Wayne motorcycle accident attorneys discuss the causes of accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by any number of issues and we’re here to help you collect the damages you deserve. Consider the following causes of accidents that have nothing to do with you, as the victim including:
- Driver overtired – oftentimes people fall asleep at the wheel of their car or truck drivers work too many hours and wind up driving while drowsy.
- Weather and road conditions – drivers often ignore that they are driving too fast for weather and road conditions and create a hazardous situation, putting you in jeopardy.
- Drunk driving – too often, drunken driving is responsible for an accident and in these cases, the fault is nearly always that of the driver who got behind the wheel after consuming alcohol.
Accidents can be devastating
Unfortunately, because there are very few protections for motorcycle operators and their passengers when they are involved in a crash, the injuries can be very serious. As a Fort Wayne motorcycle accident attorney, we have seen clients with minor injuries such as road rash but in many cases, victims suffer broken bones, head and neck injuries and may even be forced to have a limb amputated because of the severity of the accident. Head injuries could result in traumatic brain injury even if the motorcycle operator was wearing a helmet. These injuries can have long-term consequences including an inability to continue working.
It is important that you avoid discussing your accident with an insurance adjuster as they will often ask you seemingly innocent questions in an attempt to pay less than what you are entitled to. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident and suffered injuries, contact Lebamoff Law Offices, Fort Wayne motorcycle accident attorneys at (260) 423-2581 as soon as possible. We will fight vigorously to get you the compensation you deserve.
Useless laws weaken the necessary laws. "Great work. Personable and friendly. Honest with me, but tough with the other side." - SuperPages ReviewTestimonial 2
Useless laws weaken the necessary laws. "The go to personal injury law firm in Fort Wayne." - SuperPages.com ReviewTestimonial 3
Useless laws weaken the necessary laws. "I was able to get the settlement to get all of my bills paid."
- SuperPages.com ReviewTestimonial 1